ESF Special Instructions
ESF SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
ESF Special Instructions
ESF 750 to 1500 Diagram
Please read and understand these instructions before continuing with the installation. Failure to do so may cause costly water damage to your facility and/or may damage the unit in such a way that the warranty is voided!
Each unit is factory-tested for at least an hour on high and low-pressure air to be certain that it is structurally sound and leak-free before shipment.
If you have any questions call your provider of this product or call 760-734-5787 and ask for technical assistance.
The materials used in the construction of this unit are all NSF approved and are recognized components supplied to us by major plumbing material manufactures. We MUST use PVC fittings on each end to assure that proper chemistry takes place within the unit.
Not all people or tradesmen are familiar with the installation of equipment using threaded PVC fittings. To avoid damage to the ESF unit and cancellation of its warranty and to prevent future leaks that can cause costly water damages, follow the guidelines below:
- Install with a plumbing union at each end. One on the inlet and one on the outlet.
- Use adequate and properly placed pipe hangers. The weight of pipes on this unit can cause extensive, costly damages
- When threading the union fittings into each end, use at least 10 wraps of Teflon tape on the mating male threads and also use a Teflon thread paste specifically designed for use on plastic threads.
- Do not over tighten and drive the male pipe threads into the female threaded ends of the ESF beyond a SNUG point.
- After installation, pressurize the unit for at least one (1) hour and then inspect closely for any leaks. Correct as necessary.
ESF (Environmental Scale Free)
This unit is directional in construction and MUST be installed as shown in the CAD drawing. Water pressure to the unit should not exceed 100 PSI and the water temperature must not exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Pressure and temperature exceeding these values may cause loss of performance and SERIOUS, COSTLY DAMAGES DUE TO WATER LEAKS. If water temperature and or pressure are expected to exceed these values please contact the contractor or Virgin Pacific Water. READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ENTIRE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING THE UNIT!
- Turn off the water supply.
- Determine the water flow direction at the point of installation. Untreated water goes into the port as shown in the sketch. When looking into the inlet port, one sees a gray plastic piece with a plugin in the center. The inlet end also is the end where the grounding screw is located. Unlike the installation of a salt type softener, there is no need to by-pass outside faucets with this device. The water from an ESF unit actually is good for plants because of reduced surface tension. The unit may be installed vertically or horizontally with disregard to the up or down position.
- For proper function, this device has plastic female inlet and outlet threads. To avoid damage to the unit, use Teflon tape and Teflon based tread compound when connecting to the unit. THERE IS NO NEED TO OVERTIGHTEN. SNUG WILL DO THE JOB. OVER TIGHTENING CAN CAUSE COMPONENT FAILURE WHICH WILL CAUSE LEAKS AND RESULTING COSLY DAMAGES.
- On inlet and outlet end please employ a union connection. This will reduce the mechanical forces on the ESF and will avoid damage due to installation.
- The ground lug should have #22 or larger wire connected to it and the other end connected to earth ground. This enhances the catalytic portion of the device.
- If installed in a copper or galvanized pipeline, please “jumper” the unit with #10 or larger wire to avoid disturbance of the grounding of the electrical system within the building.
- Once installed, slowly refill the system with water and observe for leaks. Correct if required.
- There are moving parts within the ESF. There may be a slight increase in the noise of flowing water. For this reason, install away from sleeping areas or other areas where a small noise may be bothersome to a person.
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ESF UNITS
DIME WATER, INCORPORATED
VISTA, CALIFORNIA USA
Dime Water (The Company) warrants its Catalytic/Magnetic device (ESF) that it manufactures to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of installation. This warranty is only valid to the original owner and at the original installation. The warranty is good provided that the unit was properly installed, water pressure does not exceed 100 PSIG and the temperature does not exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
If within the above period of time any product that shall be shown to The Company’s satisfaction to be defective, the product or defective portion of the same will be replaced or the invoiced value of the product as billed by the company shall be refunded. The company reserves the right to replace or refund at its option.
The foregoing warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other express and implied warranties (except of title) including but not limited to implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
The Company will not be subject to and disclaims (1) any other obligations or liabilities arising out of breach of contract or of warranty (2) any obligation what so ever arising from tort claims (including negligence and strict liability) or arising under other theories of law with respect to products sold or services rendered by The Company or any undertakings, acts, or omissions relating thereto, and (3) all consequential, incidental and contingent damages.
Labor charges: Chargebacks or handling charges are excluded from The Company’s warranty provisions.
The Company’s obligations for non-performance, defective products, or any damage caused by its products or their use, and exclusive remedy, therefore, shall be limited to a product replacement or refund and shall be conditioned upon The Company receiving written notice for such replacement or refund.
Please read and understand this warranty before installation. Should you have any comments or concerns, please contact the contractor or the factory.